Will injectables hurt?
Your pain management is extremely important to me so I will do all I can to make your treatment as comfortable as possible. Where appropriate there is the possible usage of lidocaine to pre numb the skin prior to treatment. A number of the dermal fillers contain lidocaine for additional comfort.
With a gentle and slow injection technique, the procedure is often more comfortable than expected.
Where appropriate I may use a cannula which is blunt ended and will cause less trauma & minimise discomfort. The additional use of cooling techniques may also be used.
The procedure will be fully discussed and explained to you before and you can ask any questions you have.
Will I still look like myself if I get dermal fillers or anti wrinkle injections ?
My approach to aesthetics is to create natural results. It is important to always look like you. Improving confidence and becoming the best version of yourself. It is important to respect the natural contours of the face and refresh using premium dermal fillers that are specifically designed for the treatment zone. In areas of expression it is essential to use a dermal filler designed to move on expression and be as dynamic as your facial movements are. This careful selection and injection precision can create natural enhancements. In terms of anti wrinkle injections, this is a bespoke treatment that is tailored to your needs. A degree of expression can remain and give a natural result if desired.
Will fillers make my face look fat?
There are a number of factors to ensure this does not happen such as injection technique, dermal filler type and amount & the injectors skill level. Adopting a natural results approach means a deep understanding of the anatomy and physiology and selecting dermal fillers to replenish volume loss and create a refreshed & natural looking face.
How do they Work?
Dermal fillers can be used to replace volume, diminish fine lines and wrinkles and can be expertly used to change the emotion your face may convey. Some patients may tell me their mouth corners make them look sad. With the correct treatment this can be altered and your face convey more appropriate emotions that reflect more how you are feeling.
What Visible Effects Can They Offer?
With dermal filler treatment you will see some of the effects straight away. As the dermal filler settles into your skin, it has an ability to attract water to it and this in turn can improve the treatment result. The filler may also stimulate collagen synthesis which can give the skin an extra boost usually 6 weeks later. Anti wrinkle injections may start working from day 5 and the full results seen at 3 weeks.
How long will anti wrinkle injections last?
The treatment results will typically last between 3-4 months. During this time the drug action will begin reducing and you may notice a gradual wearing off the results.
Are anti wrinkle injections safe?
Botulinum A Toxin treatment for many conditions have been well studied over the last 40 years and no special hazard has been observed in humans except in high doses.
Botulinum toxins now play a very significant role in the management of a wide variety of medical conditions, especially strabismus and focal dystonias, hemifacial spasm, and various spastic movement disorders, headaches, hypersalivation, hyperhidrosis, and some chronic conditions that respond only partially to medical treatment. The list of possible new indications is rapidly expanding. The cosmetological applications include correction of lines, creases and wrinkling all over the face, chin, neck, and chest to dermatological applications such as hyperhidrosis. Injections with botulinum toxin are generally well tolerated and side effects are few. A precise knowledge and understanding of the functional anatomy of the muscles is absolutely necessary to correctly use botulinum toxins in clinical practice.
What are lip fillers?
Dermal fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, which is naturally occurring in our skin. The fillers used in aesthetic treatment are manufactured to provide variable lasting effects depending upon a number of factors including where they are injected.
Hyaluronic has the ability to attract a 1000 times it own molecular weight so it creates a skin radiance with its hydrating abilities.
Do lip filler procedures hurt?
A numbing cream containing lidocaine is applied to the lips before treatment. The dermal filler also contains lidocaine for further pain relief from each injection. I adopt a gentle and precise injection technique to ensure maximum comfort. You may experience a stinging sensation during the procedure. As the effects of the lidocaine increase you should find yourself quite comfortable.
Will I look obvious I have had lip filler?
This is a question I get asked a lot. The look of your filler is down to injection technique and product choice. The process starts with a detailed consultation between the patient and I to discover what look they are wanting. The patient can look through a portfolio of my work and give feedback on their personal likes and dislikes and establish their desired look. It is a very individual treatment and a bespoke treatment plan is devised. This is reassessed before each treatment and can be adapted to reflect how a patients ideas may change. For example someone may start with wanting a very subtle enhancement and once they have had the procedure and know what to expect and how it will look may feel more confident next time for a fuller or more defined appearance. I can help them to select the correct dermal filler to achieve their look.
How long do dermal fillers last?
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers will typically last between 6 -18 months. As the lip area is a dynamic area ie there is regular muscular movement here, generally this can encourage breakdown more quickly. Other factors such as your metabolism, genetics, exercise regime can have an effect. Lip fillers depending on the product can last between 6 – 12 months.
Which Dermal Fillers are the Best for me?
During your consultation we will have a detailed conversation on what has prompted you to book in and what you would like to achieve. You can have a look through treatment examples in my portfolio and give feedback. This will enable us to make us to make a plan together if appropriate. I will then be able to suggest the dermal filler that I feel will meet your needs.
Am I suitable for dermal fillers?
There are some health conditions and situations where treatment may not be appropriate.
- During pregnancy and breast feeding. It is not recommended to seek treatment if you are actively trying to get pregnant or undergoing IVF treatment.
- Any infection in the treatment area such as a cold sore outbreak
- Sunburnt or broken skin in treatment area
- Recent vaccination will require a period of time for your body’s immune system to settle
- If you suffer from keloid scarring or currently have an active skin condition such as acne
- If you are currently suffering from any infection such as ear, nose and throat or sinus infection.
- If you are feeling unwell, even a cough or a cold it is recommended to schedule to when you are better
- If you have an allergy to bee stings
- If you have been on roaccutane in the previous 6 months
- Recent facial surgery
- Certain medical conditions may affect your treatment plan or treatment suitability, that is why there is always a need to discuss your medical history and how this may affect your treatment risks in a detailed consultation.
What is Profhilo?
Profhilo is an injectable skin remodelling treatment. This hyaluronic acid has the ability to stimulate 4 types of collagen and elastin. This prolonged stimulating activity on the dermal cells stimulates the skin cell receptors to counteract skin laxity and improve and restore firmness of the skin. This unique product boosts and hydrates the skin & remodels ageing and sagging skin. Profhilo can offer a significant tightening and lifting effect on the skin.
Where is Profhilo suitable for? Profhilo can treat the face, neck, décolleté and also the hands, arms, knees and abdomen area. This treatment is suitable for men and women.
What happens during a chemical peel? …
Your skin will be cleansed and toned. If you are having a detoxifying pore, enzymatic or perfecting peel, you have the option of adding in a bespoke advanced Lumineo LED session.
Some of the peel systems include an LED treatment such as the retinol peel and Then a carefully selected peel system will be applied to your skin. The peel is self neutralising so it can remain on your skin. In a daytime appointment you will have SPF applied to your skin so you are ready to face your day with newly brightened skin.
What must I do after getting a chemical peel?
- Stay as cool as possible. Overheating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not put the treated area directly into a hot shower spray.
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms, or saunas.
- Do not go swimming.
- Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
- Do not use loofahs or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
- Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area.
What to expect after a chemical peel. …
- After receiving a PCA SKIN® professional treatment, you should not necessarily expect to “peel.” However, light flaking in a few localized areas for several days is typical. Most patients who undergo these treatments have residual redness for approximately one to 12 hours post-procedure.
- As with all peels and treatments, it is recommended that makeup not be applied the day of treatment, as it is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight; however, makeup may be applied 15 minutes after the treatment if desired.
- To minimise side effects and maximise results, use The Post-Procedure Solution for three to five days or until flaking has resolved.
- If the skin feels tight, apply ReBalance for normal to oily skin types or Silkcoat® Balm for drier skin types to moisturize as needed. For maximum hydration, you can apply Hydrating Serum under ReBalance or Silkcoat® Balm.
- Moisturizer should be applied at least twice a day, but can be applied more frequently for hydration and to decrease the appearance of flaking.
- It is recommended that other topical, over-the-counter medications, or alpha hydroxy acid or retinol products not be applied to the skin seven days post-procedure, as they may cause irritation.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. It is recommended to use an SPF to protect your skin.
- Do not go to a tanning bed for at least two weeks post-procedure.
- Do not pick or pull on any loosening or peeling skin. This could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.
When will I see the results?
Depending on the peel system, you may see some instant brightening or may take a few days for your fresh skin to appear post peel particularly if there is a shedding process.
When is it safe to have another chemical peel?
This will be discussed with you post treatment, normally a month interval is required before your next peel.
What is Ellansé?
A tailor-made bioresorbable collagen stimulator Ellansé works by not only correcting the wrinkles and folds in your skin, but also by stimulating your body’s own collagen for a long-lasting, natural result. It is also fully resorbed by your body.
Ellansé is different to other dermal fillers which are commercially available, Ellansé offers a unique combination of Total and Predictable Bio-resorbability for its entire range. Ellansé offers a personalised treatment option with a sustained duration of 12 months (Ellansé-S) up to 4 years (Ellansé-E).
Electronic Micro needling
What does the EDS procedure involve?
After your skin is cleansed an anesthetic cream is applied to the skin to numb the skin prior to the procedure.
Then using a single use needle head the machine needle depth and speed is set to provide a precise creation of a series of micro needling channels, each one penetrating into the dermis layer. This in turn triggers the skin to repair and regenerate itself. The channels on the skin seal rapidly to begin the rejuvenation process. According to skin quality and the area to be treated the needles are adjusted accordingly and to minimize discomfort. A high quality hyaluronic acid solution is applied during the procedure. This will allow the needles to glide across the skin and provide hydration to the skin. The regeneration process takes some time as new collagen is formed, new skin cells are produced the dermis layer rejuvenated. It can take up to 6 weeks for this process to become noticeable on the skin. The process will continue to work over the following months, creating radiant, natural long lasting results.
AQUAGOLD FINE TOUCH
What is Aquagold fine touch treatment?
Using a micro infusion device for a bespoke cocktail of ingredients and providing the ultimate skin nourishment to meet your skin needs. As a monthly skin treat or great pre event skin preparation.
The ingredients can include hyaluronic acid, micro tox, antioxidants can be delivered into the skin as the device creates 1000’s of micro-infusion sites.
What does the Aquagold device do?
Target fine lines and wrinkles, smooths crow’s feet, refines pores, target pigmentation, acne scarring, dryness, tone, texture, boost hydration and luminosity for a glow that lasts up to 4 weeks.
BENEFITS OF AQUAGOLD FINE TOUCH
• Smooth your skin with dermal micro-hyaluronic gel • Reduce pores, redness and oil production with micro-toxins • Improve superficial acne scarring with micro-hyaluronic gels • Brighten skin with micro-pigment reducers
WHEN SHOULD I HAVE AQUAGOLD FINE TOUCH?
The Aquagold treatments can be part of your monthly skincare routine or as a pre-event skin prep – the micro-infusion treatment could be carried out 1 week to a couple of days before the event.
Neoelegance Advanced Lumineo LED treatment
What can an Neoelegance Advanced Lumineo LED treatment do for my skin?
The LED wavelength from the Lumineo device penetrate the skin into skin accelerating wound healing, boost collagen, even out skin tone, reduce breakouts and more. The treatment can reduce downtime of aesthetic treatments.
Where is it suitable?
Face and body treatments are available with the Neoelegance, Advanced Lumineo LED system.